Terms & Conditions
1) Introduction. This contract is formed between yourself (referred to in the Terms & Conditions as "the customer") & Raptor Filmz once the Booking Fee (min deposit of 20%) has been received. The Product or Service shall mean any product or service that is provided by Raptor Filmz to the Customer. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2) Supply. Raptor Filmz agrees to supply the product(s) or service(s) to the Customer as detailed in the Proposal/Order and according to the terms and conditions of this contract.
3) Rights Reserved. Should Raptor Filmz choose not to enforce any or all of these conditions, it should not be interpreted as a waiver of any of the Company’s rights. By providing Raptor Filmz with an Order, the Customer accepts these terms and conditions.
4) Payment. Raptor Filmz shall issue an invoice to the Customer in respect of products or services supplied, or to be supplied, the payment terms for which will be stipulated on the invoice. Title in the goods or services shall remain with Raptor Filmz until full payment has been received, unless otherwise stipulated in the Order.
5) Health & Safety. Raptor Filmz & the Customer will act in accordance with all relevant health and safety requirements in order to provide the product(s) or service(s).
6) Creative Brief. Unless otherwise agreed, the Customer accepts Raptor Filmz decisions on creativity within the product(s) or service(s).
7) Booking Fee/Cancellation. Monies paid by the Customer to reserve the product(s) or service(s) of Raptor Filmz will be accepted as a Booking Fee. If the Customer cancels the order less than 2 days prior to Raptor Filmz supplying the product(s) or service(s), the Customer will be liable for the whole invoice value less any Booking Fee already paid. If the Customer cancels their order more than 2 days prior to the Company supplying the product(s) or service(s), they shall forfeit the Booking Fee.
8) Liability. Raptor Filmz accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may arise from the supply of the product(s) or service(s). In the unlikely event of Raptor Filmz being unable to supply the product(s) or service(s) as specified in the Order, liability shall be limited to the total invoice value – or monies already paid by the Customer.
9) Copyright. Unless otherwise stated in the Order, Raptor Filmz retains copyright in all their Original Material. Original Material includes video recordings, graphics, soundtracks, printed material and any other design or artwork commissioned by the Customer in relation to the Order. Delivery of any video content on the web is restricted to Raptor Filmz only. Video conversion, web streaming and other delivery of Raptor Filmz content by third parties is not permitted. The Customer must ensure that permission is sought for the inclusion of any copyright material they supply to Raptor Filmz to enable them to deliver the product(s) or service(s). The Customer must also ensure that permission is sought for the inclusion of any performers or performances, trademarks, locations and music. Raptor Filmz retains the right to use this material in its original and edited form as they see fit, unless otherwise agreed in the Order. Music supplied by the customer to Raptor Filmz for use in their production must be original and legitimately owned, Raptor Filmz accepts no responsibility for any breach in copyright for customer supplied music. The Customer agrees to indemnify Raptor Filmz in the event of any breach of copyright claims being brought against them in respect of material supplied by the Customer.
10) Data Protection. The Customer must ensure that all necessary arrangements have been made with, and permissions obtained from, people and places that may be recorded on video as a result of Raptor Filmz supplying the product(s) or service(s) – and that such recording is in compliance with Data Protection. Raptor Filmz reserves the right to use extracts from the finished production for publicity purposes on the Raptor Filmz website, third party websites associated with weddings, any social media and sample DVDs. The client will notify those attending the event that they may be recorded on video cameras and that by attendance they give their consent to being recorded.
11) Care and Damage to client property. Whilst every care is taken in the handling of the Customer’s property, Raptor Filmz accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, however caused, or any other loss by unforeseen circumstances whilst they are in the custody of them. Liability for such loss or damage will be limited to the replacement cost of the materials or media (the wedding film) and in no circumstances will any liability attach to any claim for the value of the content.
12) Right of Assignment. Raptor Filmz retains the right to assign the supply of the product(s) or service(s) to the Customer to another suitable company should they be unable to complete these terms and conditions.
13) Confidentiality. Unless otherwise agreed Raptor Filmz will treat any information gained during the supply of the product(s) or service(s) as being private and confidential. Likewise, the Customer shall keep confidential any methodologies and technology used by Raptor Filmz to supply of the product(s) or service(s).
14) Customer Material. Raptor Filmz retains the right to destroy all customer video material upon handover of the final product(s) or service(s). All customer raw material will be deleted or destroyed 48 hours after final sign off of product(s) or service(s). Raptor Filmz accepts no liability for loss or damage of product(s) or service(s) once handed over to the customer. Raptor Filmz accepts no liability for loss or damage of customer personal property given to aid productions e.g. music CDs.
Raptor Filmz Ltd: Your Privacy, GDPR & Data Protection
What data do we collect?
1) If you hire us to film your wedding, on paper and electronically, from clients, unshared, we collect your:
We keep this information private and never share it with anyone.
2) On paper and online, from clients, we also ask you about your:
Type of ceremony
We do this to enable us to do the best job we can when filming your big day. We don't share it except in 3) below.
3) We always ask before sharing the short version of your wedding day or any photos online.
This may contain information about your:
Visual information about the guests at your wedding, IE your friends and family.
We share this publicly with your permission and sometimes on your anniversary if we remember.
4) We keep a full back up of your complete wedding video on a DVD and also a digital copy on our hard drives just in case you ever need a copy or lose your copy. This would contain information about:
Visual information of your wedding guests
Your speeches (which may contain more information about your lives)
We never share this with anyone unless in the special case where we might ask to make a promotional DVD with your wedding in which case we'd obtain your permission first.
If clients would like us to delete any or all of the above, please let us know. By not letting us know we assume (hope) you give your consent.
We don't send out newsletters and you're not subscribed to anything. If you'd like us to delete all the information we hold on you, and/or your wedding videos both short and full, please contact us.